How to Make Slime:
Making slime is fun for your kids. Slime can be made from commonly available household ingredients. The playdough is gloopy and enticing to your children. Learn how to make it and you could introduce it to your kid on the next birthday party. Making slime is a simple science experiment you can do with your kid and keep them busy. I am going to show you how to make slime. It is going to take less time but the fun your kids are going to have will last long.
You can make plain colors, add glitter to it or mix colors. It may cost one or two dollars but the fun your kid is going to have is immeasurable. It is a bit messy and you can place a plastic cloth on the table to prevent it into sticking.
How to Make Slime with Borax
- Bottle glue( 4- ounces)
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- Food Coloring
- Empty plastic bottle with some water
This may vary depending on the size of dough you want to make. Also remember food coloring is optional and can vary depending on the color you want. You can add other ingredients such as glitters for instance if you are doing for Halloween.
- Take the bottle and squeeze the glue into it. Add water and stir. You can add the food color and stir them until they are well mixed. This solution you will use later. Keep it aside.
- Add the ½ warm water and borax and mix for some time. Carefully add the glue mixture as you stir. Don’t add all the glue mixture; add until the solution start to thicken.
- Using your hands knead the mixture. It will definitely stick on your hands at first. Continue kneading until it is gloopy. Store it in an air tight container to prevent it from getting spoilt.
It is easy and fast. Less than 5 minutes craft.
How to Make Slime without Borax
- The slime made from this process is fluffy.
- Bottle Elmer’s glue 1 (4-ounce)
- 2 teaspoonful contact saline solution
- 1 – 2 cups shaving cream
- Food coloring
Using a plastic bowl add the glue, add your food color to achieve your favorite color, add contact saline solution. Mix them with a plastic spoon until they have mixed well. Add 1-2 shaving cream and continue stirring. The more shaving cream you add the more it becomes thicker. The lesser the slimier it will get. Stir until you cannot stir anymore and then kneed with your hands. Make sure it is not sticky and of the right texture.
To make different colors, just make a new one with a different color. Stretch each one on a surface, place one on top of the other and then twist them together. For young kids, please take care as it is not edible. Also to maintain the environment, please dispose them well after use.
Making slime has never been this simple and fun. Enjoy.